In keeping with the rest of the NHS, we operate a ‘Zero Tolerance’ policy with respect to the protection of all staff
The primary healthcare team is a front line service. Unacceptable behavior from a patient that is directed towards any member of the primary healthcare team (on or off the practice premises), or towards patients or others on practice premises may justify removal from the practice list.
As a Patient of this Practice we expect you to:
- Treat the Doctors and Practice Staff with courtesy and respect
- Be punctual for appointments
- Give the Practice as much notice as possible if you are unable to keep your appointment
- Be patient if appointment times are running late. On occasions we may have to deal with emergencies
- Plan ahead when ordering prescriptions; Please allow up to at least 72 hours notice (excluding weekends and bank holidays) to process your request as this allows for reviews
We take seriously any threatening, abusive or violent behavior against any of our staff or patients. If a patient is violent we will remove them from the list. If a patient harasses, intimidates or is abusive, they will be warned to stop their behavior. If they persist, we may exercise our right to take action to have them removed, immediately if necessary, from our list of patients.
You can download a full copy of our zero tolerance policy by clicking on the link below.